2022年6月19日 星期日

How to access and edit the EFI folder

 How to access and edit the efi folder

I enjoy testing with different Linux Distros. So, each time when I install a new Linux Distro and uninstall it after testing, the EFI partition will be added with the grub of that distro. As times goes by I will be warned with the message the EFI folder is getting full that I need to edit it.

The following is how I edit the EFI folder.

I used the nemo file manager in LMDE 5. 

First, launch the Terminal to find the EFI partition with this command:

sudo fdisk -l


From the Type column of the above picture, we can see that the EFI partition (EFI System) is /dev/sdb1.
we can mount it with these command lines (Linux Mint):

sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
sudo nemo /mnt

A window containing the EFI folder will pop up:

Double click on the EFI Folder to open it. Its contents will be revealed:


Now we can delete those unwanted folder of the already uninstalled distros.

To finish, just press Ctl-C.


With EndeavourOS, the procedures should be as follows:

sudo fdisk -l 

sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
dolphin /mnt

沒有留言:

張貼留言